1. All borrowers must be registered and must have a valid MORE library card to borrow library materials. Patrons must fill out a MORE Library Borrower Registration card to register for a library card.
The patron agrees to the following upon signing the More Library Borrower Registration card:
2. Identification is required. A driver’s license or student ID is preferred, however, any other official ID or recent non-personal piece of mail may be acceptable.
3. Applicants under 18
4. Cards are free to newly registered patrons. If the card is broken, or will no longer scan due to normal wear and tear, the card will be replaced at no cost to the patron. If the card is lost or stolen, there will be a fee to replace the card.
5. Materials cannot be checked out until a library card is issued.
6. All library cards expire each year on the patron’s birthday. In order to renew a library card, patrons must verify current address and phone number. A patron record with an expiration date older than four years will be deleted if the record is free of outstanding charges. Expired patron records with outstanding charges will remain on the system indefinitely.
7. Circulation to corporate bodies such as day care centers, assisted living facilities, etc. may be established under special arrangements established with the library director.
8. Temporary cards may be issued to patrons without proof of address. These cards will remain in an expired state until proof of address is provided. Temporary cards will have a limit of two items and may not be used to check out equipment or Inter-Library Loan items.
B. Lost or Forgotten Cards
1. If a patron loses his/her library card, he/she should notify the library as soon as possible and request a replacement.
2. All patrons, adult and juvenile, are required to bring their library cards with them if they intend to check out items. An individual who repeatedly ignores this expectation may be denied the privilege of checking out materials until they present their card at the library.
C. Loan Periods
1. Three weeks for most materials.
2. One week for videos, magazines, and video games.
3. Two weeks for TV series and lengthy videos, to be determined by library staff.
2. Reference and local history books will not circulate without specific permission. In special circumstances, some reference materials may be checked out overnight.
3. Interlibrary loans are due the date indicated by the Bloomer Public/G.E. Bleskacek Family Memorial Library. Typically interlibrary loans cannot be renewed.
4. Items may be renewed twice if there is not a waiting list for them.
5. The director may establish the loan period for special collections, materials which are temporarily in great demand, such as for student projects, or materials added to the collection which are in a new format, e.g., computer software.
6. There is a limit of 5 Bloomer Public Library/G.E. Bleskacek Family Memorial owned DVDs per family per visit.
1. Reserves may be placed by patrons in person, electronically or over the phone. Patrons will be notified by their preference when the materials are available. There is no charge to the patron for placing a reserve or for interlibrary loan services.
2. A library card is required to check out items that have been reserved. If a Permission for Pickup of Materials on Hold form (below) has been signed, the person listed on the form who is picking up the reserved item must present identification.
E. Fines and charges
1. Fines on overdue materials are set by the owning library, and may be collected at any of the MORE libraries. If the material is not returned within the designated loan period, two overdue notices will be sent at 15 and 30 days, followed by a bill at 45 days for the cost of replacement of the material.
2. Bloomer Public Library/G.E. Bleskacek Family Memorial Fine Rates:
Fines accrue daily on late materials at a maximum charge of $5.00 per item.
Movie: $1.00 per day
Juvenile Movie: $0.50 per day
All other materials: $0.10 per day
Lucky Day Collection materials follow MORE policy.
Information on other MORE Library fine rates may be obtained from library staff.
3. Failure to return library materials is considered theft under Wisconsin State Statute 943.61 and City of Bloomer Ordinance Section 11-3-4. Charges of $25 or more that are not paid within 60 days of the letter of notice will be referred to a collection agency. A service charge of $10 will be added to any accounts sent to a collection agency. Information provided to the collection agency shall be limited to the individual’s name, contact information, and the amount of owned to the library.
4. Checks written by patrons will be presented to the bank up to two times. If the check has insufficient funds after the second presentation, a $25.00 service charge will be added to the patron’s account.
5. If the fine/fee balance of a patron’s record exceeds $10.00, circulation of materials and use of computers will be denied. Service will be reinstated when balance of the account is less than $10.00.
F. Damaged materials
If materials are damaged so as to be judged by the library as being unsuitable for the collection, the patron must pay the replacement cost. A notice of these charges will be sent to the borrower. Billed items must be paid in full.
As specified in Wisconsin Statutes 43.30, "records of any library which is in whole or in part supported by public funds, including the records of a public library system, indicating the identity of any individual who borrows or uses the library's documents or other materials, resources or services may not be disclosed except by court order or to persons acting within the scope of their duties in the administration of the library or library system, to persons authorized by the individual to inspect such records, or to libraries authorized under subs. (2) and (3)."
The Bloomer Public/G.E. Bleskacek Family Memorial Library adheres strictly to all sections of this Statute regarding the protection of the confidentiality of its users.
Permission for Pickup of Materials on Hold
The G.E. Bleskacek Family Memorial Library (Bloomer Public Library) wishes to safeguard its patrons’ privacy and strives to guard against unauthorized use of library cards. As such, the Bloomer Public Library issues library cards for a patron’s personal use only.
Normally, patrons who place library items on hold must pick up the held materials themselves. However, specific permission can be granted to make arrangements for another person to pick up materials using this permission slip. The permission slip must be filled out and presented by the cardholder in person at the Bloomer Public Library.
Permission is given to: __________________________________________________________________
(Designee) List all Names
Relationship to Cardholder: ______________________________________________________________
I give my permission to the person(s) named above to check out material(s) that are on hold for me. I understand my designee(s) may be required to show photo identification upon checking out materials on my behalf. I agree to be responsible for all materials checked out on my library card. I understand that this information will be added to my patron record. I also understand that if I wish to make any changes or withdraw permission, I must notify the library immediately.
The library reserves the right to require that the person designated to pick up materials has his/her own valid library card. This permission slip is NOT to be used by another individual for his or her personal use. Library cards are not transferable.
Patron Signature: ______________________________________________________________________
Print Name: __________________________________________________________________________
Library Card Number: ___________________________________________________________________
City, Zip Code: _________________________________________________________________________
Telephone and/or email address: ________________________________________________________
Permission Expires: (Optional) __________________________Today’s Date: _____________________
Initials of staff verifying information: ____________ Date: _________________________________